22nd May 2018
Our Commitment to Privacy
Thank you for visiting our website.
Protecting consumer privacy is very important to us. Because of this we want to provide you with explicit information on how we collect, gather, and identify information during your visit to our site. This information may be expanded or be updated as we change or develop our site. For this reason, we recommend that you review this policy from time-to-time to see if anything has changed.
This Online Privacy Statement reflects the Icknield Way Morris Men policies covering personal information collected at this website on or after the effective date shown above.
By visiting this web site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Important Information Regarding GDPR
You have probably been receiving lots of emails from companies notifying you of updates to privacy policies because of changes to EU data protection laws. This policy documents how Icknield Way Morris Men (IWMM) complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into force on 25th May 2018. Due to the new GDPR rules, we must check that you wish to continue receiving our newsletters and that you are happy for us to securely store your personal data submitted to us through purchasing something from our shop or asking for information.
- Give you more clear and detailed information about your collective rights and responsibilities with respect to your privacy and personal information.
- Make it easier for you to control the information you provide us. You will see that our policy explains your choices about this.
- Provide more detail about the measures we have in place to keep your personal information secure.
What Information Do We Collect
At present we collect information on our users in four ways:
- By examination of the Log Files that all visitors involuntarily leave when they visit any web site – this provides a limited amount of information though cannot identify the individual concerned
- Voluntary submission when a question is requested via the Feedback Form;
- As a result of purchasing something from this shop
Why We Have Your personal DataIWMM may have your contact information because we have been in touch in the past, either because you:
- Purchased something from this shop
- Sought our services and provided us with your email address by contacting us via our website.
- You are receiving our Newsletters
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. Websites are not directed toward individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide personally identifying information through our websites.
This Web site, however, does offer some educational content to children under 13. No personally identifiable information is collected from these visitors unless voluntarily submitted as a request for information. The information supplied is used to respond to the user’s inquiries.
Basis for Keeping this Information
The legal basis for processing of your personal data, under the terms of the GDPR, is that this processing is ‘necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests’ of IWMM as controller of the data collected.
The justification for this is:
- The information held would be reasonably expected to be held by a small organisation operating an on-line shop and is used in a way which would be reasonably expected
- The information has been provided directly by people dealing with IWMM or has been obtained from the public domain
- Data are not shared outside IWMM
- No sensitive personal or medical data are held
- No personal financial information is held other than information on fees and payments, associated with this shop. Payments made via the shop are handled by PayPal or (rarely) by cheque/ cash payments; we do not keep electronic copies of your personal account details.
- We may disclose personal information if we have it in good-faith that doing so is required by a witness summons (subpoena) or other judicial or administrative order or otherwise required by law
How Do We Use Your Data
Your contact details, including your name, address, telephone number and email address are securely stored electronically and used to communicate with you primarily by email and, in rare circumstances, by telephone.
If you have been supplied products and services, the lawful basis for processing is contractual, and this data will have a retention period for as long as we continue to provide a service. If after we finish providing that service we decide to retain that personal data to assist you with repeat orders, a five-year retention period will kick in if the account is no longer used after that period and these data will be destroyed.
Your personal data will NOT be shared with any third parties including third parties outside of the EU.
Your personal data will NOT be subject to any automated decision making or profiling.
The information collected via other routes is primarily used to improve the content of the site, thus making your user experience more valuable.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. We employ appropriate measures to protect your information against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These may include, among others, encryption, physical access security and other appropriate technologies. IWMM continually reviews and enhances its security systems, as necessary.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only those who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, supplying you with information or a product from our shop) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment operated by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) 1and1.
Our ISP and well as our web site employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. If such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, appropriate remedial action is taken.
Although we make good efforts to maintain the security of such personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that it will remain free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration.
If we learn of a security breach involving your personal information, we may attempt to notify you electronically and/or may post a notice on our homepage so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our websites or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Websites.
- Your data will be stored for the purposes described above for a maximum of five years
- You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you and to verify the lawfulness of its processing
- You have the right to have any errors in the data we hold about you corrected
- You have the right to have the data we hold about you deleted
- You have the right to object to how we are processing your data and the legal basis for processing
- You have the right to complain to your Statutory Authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK) about our handling of your personal data
- Failure to provide us with the data requested may result in us being unable to provide you with the services we offer
We hope that you are happy to continue to remain with us but if you do not wish to hear from us anymore, please:
- Update your settings;
- Unsubscribe anytime on the link that has always been provided at the end of our Newsletters
- Contact us via the Feedback Form to request to be removed from our records.
For more information about the General Data Protection Regulation and your rights, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/ .
In order to help provide the information on this website accessible and easy to use, small amounts of information may be placed on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
The information is used to improve the website and is collected by measuring how many people are using services so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from All About Cookies.
Cookies used on this website
Cookies that are necessary for the site to function properly, including those that help you log into parts of this website and ensure it remains secure.
- PHPSESSID - randomly generated text allowing management of your logged in session; expires when you close your browser, or your browser session ends
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
These are used to track user interaction and detect potential problems. These help us improve our services by providing analytical data on how users use this site.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to make sure it's meeting its users' needs and to understand how we could do it better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are set by Google Analytics:
Allow you to interact with Facebook, Twitter, Email, etc to share what you have found on this site
- bt2 .addthis.com
- di2 .addthis.com
- loc .addthis.com
- ouid .addthis.com
- uid .addthis.com
- uvc .addthis.com
- vc .addthis.com
How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our websites, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The 'Help' function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit All About Cookies which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
The foregoing policies are in effect as of the date at the top of this page. The Icknield Way Morris Men reserve the right to change this policy statement at any time by posting the revised policy on this website. This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
If you have any questions or indeed comments about our Online Privacy Statement,or for some reason believe we have not adhered to our statement, please contact: the Icknield Way Morris Men Data Protection Officer:
Contact Us Form
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
We may alter this statement as needed for certain products and services and to abide by local laws or regulations around the world. Icknield Way Morris Men reserves the right to amend or modify this statement from time to time. We urge you to review this statement whenever you visit in order to obtain the most current statement. You may change your choices at any time.
|Pay us securely with any major credit card through PayPal.|